I sat there , and just listened to him speak for hours about
his childhood . I started to think that he was just waffling on , he was about
4 joints down by now. Then he started speaking about his struggle with drinking and drugs .
“When I turned eighteen I joined a band called “the rancid
apples “ and after a few gigs we found ourselves a manager and started moving
up in the world , more money was coming in and with that came the girls . Oh
man you should’ve seen these creatures ! All wanting a bit of the rock life .
So I gave it to any one of them that asked . then came the drugs man . Drinking
was fun and bender with mates is always good but my first time doing speed was
something else. Bent over in a toilet stall backstage , doing three lines in a
row off of the toilet seat , fuck . I didn’t
give a shit what it was . If you gave me rat poison I’d stick it up my nose or
in my veins ."
For more updates visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kwaicore/173670746118380
“The toilet stall was my home for at least two hours before
every show . Sometimes I wouldn’t even go on because I was to loaded . It got
so bad that my band had to kick me out . They all chipped in and sent me to a
rehabilitation center in Cape Town South Africa . I think they just wanted me
as far away from them as possible. I love music man so you can imagine how
upset I was to not have that outlet anymore . I never knew that through this
terrible time in my life I would begin to find my true calling.” When I left
rehab I had nothing, just my clothes and my guitar mate , that’s it . Then I met
Joseph “
I wondered who this joseph was and what he had done to help
Cecil . “ who’s joseph ?” I asked “is he still in Cape Town ? “ Cecil laughed ,
“easy mate he’s here I’ll introduce to him later “ I could see that Cecil was
tired of talking . “I’m really high mate and there’s a band on in five, we’ll
chat more later but now lets go get a drink .”
For more updates visit http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kwaicore/173670746118380

No comments:
Post a Comment