After telling me the story of how Kwaicore came about they
had to leave . they had another gig back in Durban that night so they had get a
move on if they wanted to make it in time .
I walked back to their camp with them and helped them pack
all of their things into the back of a bakkie. The bakkie was carrying all of
their equipment but they were being driven around in a Mini Bus . This made me
think that these guys really were the real deal . Having their own , free means
of transport. Like you see in so many homemade style music videos on TV.
I wished that I could go with them and remain in their lives
for as long as I could .
It was only a daydream though . I knew that I needed to get
home and see my family . I needed to fill them in on all that I had done since
we had last seen each other .
I was scared to go home . To return to that lifestyle.
Society , Conformity and all that goes along with it .
They bid me farewell , we shook hands and I told them how
much fun I had with them. Cecil told me that I should never loose the love for
music and I understood that he meant to say that we should never loose what
makes us most happy. They jumped into the bus and I waved as the drove off .
I didn’t know when I would see them again but I knew that
when and if I did , it would be as if no time had passed .
I then returned to my camp for a nap .
No comments:
Post a Comment