Its hot .
Its so hot that during the night I undressed myself to try keep cool. The sun
is baking my van . I’m hungover and I don’t want to get out off bed but I know that once I do
I’ll be fine.
This is
how I felt on my second morning of the festival. I felt worn out like I hadn’t
slept in three days but I didn’t mind because I knew that on that day something
significant would happen . I just had a feeling that things were about to
change in my life . Change for the better .
I sat up
on my bed and waited for the headache to subside . I heard voices and loud
laughing coming from outside the van . I scratched around to find some clothes
. All I could find were a pair of reggae themed pants and a fake Native Indian
head dress that I had bought at the previous festival .
I stepped
out of the back of my van and walked around to the front only to find Jo and
Cecil digging around in my food crate trying to find milk for some coffee .
“Hey guys
whatsup?” I said in a tired monotone. “He lives! , good morning sunshine” Cecil
seemed a lot more jovial than the previous day . As he handed me a cup off coffee I wondered how they
managed to find my camp . It didn’t matter . All that mattered was that Jo and
Cecil were here and that meant that my day was bound to be filled with
excitement .
“So what’s
on the cards for today guys ?” I asked as I sipped the hot coffee . It tasted
terrible but I didn’t want to offend Jo who was still scratching around in the
food crate . “ Well, we’ve got a show in about an hour so we thought we’d come
pick you up head over down that side “ Cecil pointed to the main tent . The one
that was reserved for the headline acts . “Are you serious ? , you’re playing
on the main stage?” “Yeah mate, we’re sort off a big deal around here “ Cecil
said in a joking voice.
So we
finished our coffee and began the walk over to the main tent . Jo lit a spliff
and we all shared it as we passed through the clusters of tents along the way.
Maybe it
was the weed but I had the feeling that my expectations for the day were about
to be confirmed . This was going to be fun .
No comments:
Post a Comment