It was confirmed . I was spectating the beginnings of the
next big thing in South African music . A genre that would resonate the
rebellion of the sex pistols while at the same time possess the deep cultural
roots of South African Kwaito.
It didn’t matter to me if it would never catch on and spread
around the globe. I felt a sense of pride . I was proud of my country . It was
here in South Africa that this had happened and I was lucky enough to be a part
of it .
Cecil and Jo were starting something big . They were the
first . Since our meeting at that festival many other musicians had began to
replicate Kwaicore . it was not the same though. Every time a different artists
produced a song it changed slightly. Bits of that artists style were added.
Some say that this ruined it . I feel that this is what makes music beautiful.
It can grow and evolve .
I felt like this experience had been stained with a rainbow
of new memories and experiences . this is what I was in search of . Musical
peace , nostalgia and feel good memories that I would carry with me for the
rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment